Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Animal Faces - Anomie (2012)


For Fans Of:
Native, Kidcrash, Beau Navire
Genre: Post-Hardcore, Screamo, Math-Rock
Website: Bandcamp

Description:
It's been a while since I've made a post on this thing, but school has literally taken over my life in the past couple of weeks and I finally got around to some free time to post this amazing piece of gold that I've come across - that is Animal Faces.

Animal Faces are another screamo band that play that kind of post-hardcore that got Native big. I know I say this a lot, but what really attracts me to this band is their amazing sense of song structure; it's almost perfect for that type of mathy post-hardcore genre: great riffs, amazing dynamics, smooth transitions, and breakdowns that remind me of Kidcrash. Animal Faces also has an incredible knack at crafting imagery with their songs. I also checked out their earlier EP, Analytical Dreaming and their sound has been refined a shit ton since then. If Kidcrash's Jokes is the first thing that comes to mind then you couldn't be more right! Everyone needs to get this thing - I see great things coming from these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment