Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Coping - Nope (2012)


For Fans Of: Snowing, Algernon Cadwallader, Chalk Talk
Genre: Emo
Website: Bandcamp

Description:
This is Coping's latest (and probably last) release and it does not disappoint. Earlier in the summer I thought this band had already broken up until I found out they were gonna put out a new full length. If this is their last one, I'm glad they're ending on a high note; their production quality on Nope is a thousand times better than their last full length: Lawndale Cassette, and the song structure is amazing. Coping has also done a really great job on making their songs catchier than what they've previously released making it midwest emo at its finest. I don't really need to ramble on this post about them cuz it wouldn't do the record any justice; you just have to listen to it. I've heard that Protagonist Music is gonna put this on vinyl in the winter, so you definitely need to pick that shit up. I'm really bummed that this is probably gonna be the last thing that Coping releases since they're breaking up, but try and catch them on tour one last time when they roll through. Get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment