Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chalk Talk - The Food Chain (2010)


For Fans Of: Snowing, Cap'n Jazz, Ape Up!
Genre: Emo / Indie
Website: Bandcamp

Description:
I've had this for a while and I've been meaning to post it, but never got around to it. This is Chalk Talk's best release (they recently came out with a new full length called Bad Influences, but I'll post that later when I listen to it). Chalk Talk are definitely an acquired taste; they are one of those bands that you either--love them--or hate them. What I mean by that is all of their songs are extremely catchy and easy to sing-a-long too, however, their lyrics don't mean shit. Choruses include singing about "nutella" and "doing laundry," but the energy is so high in every song that I can never put this thing down - it's probably one of the funnest records I've heard in a long time. If you don't like these guys, you're probably borderlined retarded. PLEASE support these cats by buying all their shit when they roll through on their Bad Influences Tour (I don't know if they're still on tour for that, but fuck it), they really deserve it. Get into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment