Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Internet Club - Vanishing Vision (2012)

For Fans Of: Computer Dreams, Amun Dragoon, Fatima Al Qadiri
Genre: Vaporwave

Description:
I don't normally post anything besides anything other than skramz related, but this has to be put on here.  I don't know how many of you follow Tiny Mixtapes, but they have lately been covering a lot of this new (now defunct I think?) genre called Vaporwave. It's some of the weirdest shit I've ever come across. Apon first listen I thought it to be seen as pretentious elevator music now trying to made into something, but apon further listening it's not that bad. Internet Club in my opinion, is probably the best at this genre; all of his songs groove in a certain way that for some reason don't come off as try hard compared to other artists (I'm still having trouble getting into most of the releases coming out in this genre). If I had to put vaporwave into to words, it would be elevator music. But if anything else, this is elevator music done at it's absolute best. "By Design" is probably the best song on this release. If you like what you hear, you can pick up his entire discography on his website that I have listed above. It's a weird genre, but I encourage everyone to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment