Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Olive Drab - Girl EP (2012)

For Fans Of: Teenage Cool Kids, Glocca Mora, Mineral (sort of)
Genre: Scuzzy Pop-Punk
Website: bandcamp

Description:
This has been floating around, so I though I'd upload it too. Olive Drab is a sort of newish band (I think they've only played like one show and apparently used to be called Spaceboy?) who sound like Mineral if they played scuzzed out fuzzy pop-punk. Really rhythmic shit, but nothing too crazy. Their riffs are good with great dynamics. I really like the singing on this thing; it brings to mind that 90s emo sound I'm sure everyone here knows. The production quality on this thing is decent (could be better, but it's not terrible). I kind of wish they made the guitars sound more dirty and gritty - they were recorded fuzzy, but they paradoxically sound too clean (if that makes any sense). Overall this little 4 song EP is a fun listen. Get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment